Monday, December 19, 2011

Golden Globe Noms Celebrated By Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep

Owen Wilson, Elton John, Zooey Deschanel and more react to nominations.
By Kara Warner


Leonardo DiCaprio
Photo: Kiyoshi Ota/ Getty Images

Setting aside the Golden Globe snubs and shockers for a moment, there's a lot of love flowing from the grateful chosen parties. MTV News has gotten very gracious and thrilled reactions from Globe nominees in film and television, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Elton John and David Duchovny.

"I'm honored to be nominated by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association today," DiCaprio said in a statement after his nomination for Best Actor in a Drama for "J. Edgar." "I was extremely humbled to work alongside [director] Clint [Eastwood] and the entire cast of 'J. Edgar,' and am very excited to be recognized for my work on the film. Thank you."

"I'm thrilled to be included in this beautiful group of actors and actresses," 25-time nominee Meryl Streep said of her Best Actress in a Drama nomination for "The Iron Lady." "I'm very proud of our movie and look forward to seeing everyone at the party in January."

"It is an absolute honor to be nominated," said Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical nominee Owen Wilson in a statement, who also picked up a SAG nomination for his work in Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris." "It was a great movie to work on, and I couldn't be happier to be recognized by the HFPA."

"I'm very touched by the HFPA's recognition of 'The Descendants' among so many other fine films this year, and I'm particularly gratified by the inclusion of Shailene Woodley along with George Clooney for acting honors," writer/director Alexander Payne said in a statement of his Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay nominations for "The Descendants." "I'm looking forward to the Golden Globes dinner and hope they provide a low-sodium option."

Elton John received his second nomination for Best Original Song for "Hello Hello," which he wrote with longtime collaborator Bernie Taupin for Disney's animated feature "Gnomeo & Juliet": "I am just thrilled that Bernie and I have been nominated for a Golden Globe. What a great end to a fantastic year!" John won the award in 1995 for "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from "The Lion King."

Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar, whose "The Skin I Live In" was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film, might win the award for most gracious reaction so far: "I am very happy with my Golden Globe nomination for my latest film 'The Skin I Live In,' " he said in a statement. "The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has always been very generous with me and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. I'm competing with other foreign films that are so fabulous; I don't mind being defeated by any of them. For me, the award will be being at the Beverly Hilton sharing dinner and mineral water with so many people I admire."

Turning toward the land of television, first-time nominee Zooey Deschanel sent out her reaction via a re-tweet of congratulations from "Office" actress Mindy Kaling. "omg. OMG. speechless! RT @mindykaling OMG @ZooeyDeschanel U R SO GANGSTA #GoldenGlobes #gowntime."

Best Supporting Actress nominee Evan Rachel Wood also took to Twitter to express her enthusiasm. "The only time it's ok to wake me up at 5 30 In the morning is when you are telling me I have been nominated for my second golden globe!"

Best Actor in a TV Comedy Series David Duchovny seemed humbled to receive his fourth acting nomination for his work on "Californication." "The Hollywood Foreign Press has always been supportive," he said in a statement. "As always, I am grateful for the recognition, especially with so many fine actors in comedy all across television, and, most of all, happy for everyone on the show as we all share in this. And the HFPA throws by far the best party of the endless awards season."

Veteran thespian and two-time Globe winner Jeremy Irons picked up his sixth career nomination for "The Borgias," which Showtime renewed for a second season earlier this year.

"I am delighted to be nominated for my work in Neil Jordan's 'The Borgias.' In truth I know it reflects the tireless efforts and exceptional talents of all those who bring this splendid series to the screen," he said of his nomination for Best Performance by an Actor in a drama series. "Without the magnificent work in the costume and set design, script writing, lighting and camera work, and the constant care in the direction, production, and marketing, this series would not have grabbed its audience as it appears to have done. That I am surrounded by a talented and dedicated cast is self-evident. But, of course, if you want to nominate anyone, and escape with your life, then you'd better first nominate the Pope."

Mireille Enos was nominated for Best Actress in a drama series for "The Killing," alongside actresses Claire Danes ("Homeland"), Julianna Margulies ("The Good Wife"), Madeleine Stowe ("Revenge") and Callie Thorne ("Necessary Roughness").

"It feels like a very big deal," Enos told The Hollywood Reporter. "I wasn't expecting this at all. It feels really big. Now I need a really, really big dress."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676078/leonardo-dicaprio-golden-globes-nomination.jhtml

blagojevich indictme... illinois governor ro... ryan benson

No comments:

Post a Comment